Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Witnessing . . .

For the last few months, whenever we go to the farm to get milk L has wanted to "tell the cows about Jesus". The stalls where they keep the calves are near where I pick up the milk so ever since we started getting milk there, the girls have gone to visit the calves while I load the milk. I'm not sure what started the whole "tell them about Jesus" thing, but it's been going on for awhile. BUT it's been awhile since she's been able to see the calves (we only go to get milk every other week, my friend Kim & I alternate going up, and we ended up having bad weather the last couple times we've been up there). So as we got close to the farm today, L suddenly realized "I can tell the cows about Jesus this time!" AND bonus, she had her Bible in her toy bag. The conversation then went something like this:

L: I can show the calves my Bible! . . . I'm not sure they understand what I say, but that's ok.
A: You need to talk like this, instead "moo, moo, moo . . . moo, moo"
L: (in a "don't you know anything" tone) I don't speak cow!

When we were leaving the farm, L assured me that the cows had liked seeing her Bible.

No comments: