Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Last Week's Wrap-Up

I need to get back on track to do weekly wrap-ups, only a couple days late this week LOL.

Let's see, what did we do last week? School stuff:

  • We're enjoying Prairie Primer, almost done with Little House in the Big Woods.
  • One of our crafts this week was making wax rose pins like one of the "aunts" wore to the sugaring dance. I got a sheet of red beeswax from the craft store and we started experimenting, they turned out quite nicely if I do say so myself, the girls were very excited to show Daddy
  • Our chapter in Polished Cornerstones was on "A Woman Who Feeds Her Family Well", so I'm encouraging the girls to help more in the kitchen, which they enjoy, but often are "busy" when I need to get things done.
  • One of the Polished Cornerstone suggestions for the week was to help Mom plan the menu, so at the end of the week, the girls helped me plan this week's menu. L declared that it's "alot harder than I thought" but they did a pretty good job of coming up with the menu. They're keeping me on track too, sigh . . . no deciding I'm too tired to fix what's on the menu THIS week, the girls are determined to follow the menu they made LOL. They've also been helping fix the meals.
In other odds & ends . . . Little Bit likes roasted potatoes, and bananas, and canned peaches.

Sunday was the PA Conference Constituency (for our church, all the SDA churches in our conference sent delegates and voted on the conference officers & discussed concerns and stuff). The girls have heard Mommy & Daddy talking about it, and Daddy was working lots of evenings and such in preparation for it, and was, of course, gone to it all day Sunday. When he got home Sunday evening, the girls wanted to know how things went. They were quite relieved to hear that "Mr Ray & Mr Barry" (conference president & secretary) had been voted back in (the new treasurer hasn't been here long enough for them to know him, but yes, he was voted in as well), but then rather disturbed when dh told me the actual vote counts and they heard that there were actually some votes AGAINST Mr. Ray & Mr. Barry. Apparently, despite all the discussions, A thought it was dh's co-workers "voting" so wanted to know who had voted against them. We explained that it wasn't people from Daddy's office, voting, it was people from all the churches, for example, Miss Judy (our neighbor) was one of the people who went from our church. Of course then A wanted to know if Miss Judy voted for Mr. Ray & Mr Barry, and when dh said that yes, she had, A said "oh good, then I can still talk to her!" LOL.

Sabbath was a one day women's retreat at our church, so Little Bit & I went to that and the big girls stayed with Daddy. They were quite excited to know that they would get to "take care of Daddy", hee hee. It sounds like they had a busy day, with a picnic lunch by the pond (by our house) and then a trip to a nearby playground for the afternoon. Little Bit did well, "talking" to everyone, and perfectly happy to be passed around when she was awake, then in the afternoon she was abit fussy so I put her in the sling and walked her to sleep, then she slept ALL afternoon. She was so funny, a couple times when people laughed or clapped she startled awake, but each time she looked at the people sitting beside me & they said "it's ok, go back to sleep" and she did! I tried to convince Karin & Tina to come home with me and tell her to go back to sleep when she wakes up at NIGHT, but no such luck, hee hee.

One of my ways of entertaining Little Bit while I hang laundry is to put her in an empty laundry basket near where I'm working. On Sunday when I did that, she pulled up & was STANDING in the laundry basket, so much for that idea LOL. When it was time to take the clothes off the line I distracted her from standing by throwing the clean clothes in on top of her (hence the picture). This afternoon I tried putting her on a blanket on the grass, but no matter how careful I was to put her in the MIDDLE of the blanket, she managed to scoot to the edge and try to eat dry leaves & grass LOL.

Did I mention that Little Bit likes to "click her tongue" I'm not sure how else to describe it, it makes kind of a "smacking your lips" sound, but she's kind of sucking on her tongue, too cute! And more recently, she's started saying "baa baaa baaa baaa" haven't figured out what, if anything she means, but it's pretty cute to hear.

She's still not quite "crawling" but definitely manages to scoot short distances, I'll sit her somewhere out of reach of dishwasher door or whatever and soon she'll have managed to get over to whatever I didn't want her to have LOL.

No comments: