Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Book Review: Dahveed, Yaweh's Chosen

My mom gave me Dahveed, Yaweh's Chosen by Terri Fivash for Mother's Day. I LOVE Terri Fivash's biblical novels, so it's no surprise that I loved this one too. Funny how, despite claiming to have no time to read, needing to sleep when the baby sleeps, etc, I somehow found time to read this rather large novel. It's the first in a series, this follows the life of David (as in David & Goliath) from childhood until soon after he kills Goliath, now I'm anxiously awaiting the next one LOL.

It's a biblical novel, which means it's based on the Bible story/character, but becuase the Bible doesn't give us a complete biography of most people, the author then adds fictional details to "fill in the blanks" and make it a complete story. I won't go into the details of this story (in case you want to read it for yourself), it certainly points out how little I know/understand about the worldview (for lack of a better word) at that time & place.

Anyway, AWESOME book! (so are Joseph and Ruth & Boaz)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

My husband and I loved, loved, loved these books! I wonder when the 3rd one will be released.

Kimberly Kovach said...

Love Terri Fivash, too. Did you hear #3 is only out for kindle and nook? Just got on her website and her history info is fascinating. I'm on the crew too
Kimberly Kovach