Friday, January 25, 2008

So much for that . . .

One of the girls' favorite books for bedtime stories right now is The Kim, Kari & Kevin Storybook and one of the stories they chose tonight was "The Empty Birthday Present" in a nutshell, the kids buy a box of candy to give Daddy on his birthday, but then sneak the candy, a piece at a time, until, by the time his birthday rolls around the box is empty & Mommy tells them they need to give Daddy the empty present and explain why it's empty. Obviously, the "lesson" here is, don't sneak things that aren't yours to take. However, that seems to be abit lost on my kids. Every time we read this story, they both mention that Daddy can just use the empty box for other things & how much THEY would like an empty box (I'm half tempted to wrap up an empty box for each of them for their birthdays LOL, they really WOULD be happy about it (as long as that wasn't ALL they got, I'm sure LOL) they're always stealing boxes from my "stash" (I save boxes to use to ship out candle & co-op orders)) and turning them into all kinds of things. So yeah, the "lesson" seems to be totally lost on them, they're much too resourceful for such things, hee hee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny. My children hover around me anytime an new box comes in the house, hoping to be the first one to claim it! A box is a creative treasure.