Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekly Homeschool Wrap-up

We still have a little bit to finish up on the Adam & Eve lapbook. Last minute the girls' Kindermusik teacher (also a friend from church) asked me to watch her dd for a couple hours after class, so the girls got to play with their friend, A on Friday afternoon instead of the last bit of the lapbook. I think they've enjoyed it, when we finish it up I'm going to ask what they thought and if they'd like to do more of them, so we shall see . . .

The weather this week was SO nice, we spent lots of time outside this week too, as mentioned in an earlier post.

The girls enjoy pretending to be a doctor, with Daddy as the patient. One night this week after A fashioned a sling for Daddy's arm out of a playsilk, she wrote him a "note" all by herself. The only part or it she showed me was where she wrote "ADOR" and translated for me that she'd written "A doctor", she asked if she'd spelled doctor right, and I told her not exactly but that I was very proud of her for working on sounding out words for herself and that that was a good first step toward writing, she absolutely beamed at that, it will be interesting to see if the next "book" she makes, she'll do the writing herself. . .

No comments: