Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Smoothie!

What better way to start St. Patrick's Day than with a green breakfast?

Not only was it holiday-appropriate, but MiniMe's comment was "I hope you wrote down this recipe, it's GOOD!" So . . . I figured I'd better write down this "recipe" before I forget it LOL.

1 apple, peeled & quartered
some milk (I just poured some in)
a big handful of baby spinach leaves
2 cups canned crushed pineapple - frozen (we'd opened a can of crushed pineapple a couple weeks ago for a recipe that only needed a tiny bit, so put the rest in the freezer in pint mason jars, I used one full mason jar)
3/4 a lime (juice & pulp)
several spoonfuls of orange juice concentrate

Blend first three ingredients until you can't see little "flecks" of spinach leaf. Add the rest of ingredients, to taste. I really have no idea how much oj concentrate I used, I had an open can in the freezer that I've been using for kefir popsicles (recipe coming soon-ish LOL), so just spooned out of it until it tasted right. Pour into cups and serve.

YUM!!!

No comments: