Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Candy Dreidel Making . . .


This morning the girls enjoyed a yummy craft! I'd seen a few different variations online of making "dreidels" out of marshmallows, pretzel sticks, and Hershey's kisses. So this morning I set out the ingredients and when I suggested we look at the computer to see how to do it, the girls indignantly told me that they could figure it out their own way! So they did . . . here's their version of candy dreidels. (Ashlyn took the step-by-step pictures and they informed me that I "had to" post this on my blog. Enjoy!)

You will need:
pretzel sticks
large marshmallows
toothpicks
Hershey's kisses with soft centers (we went with dark chocolate mint ones)


Break the pretzel stick to be the length that you want for the "handle' of your dreidel.

Stick the pretzel into one end of the large marshmallow.

Gently push the toothpick into the chocolate kiss. 



The kisses we used have a "truffle" center, so the toothpick went into the kiss easily, I'm not sure a toothpick would work with a plain chocolate kiss, I think in that case, it would work better to use frosting to stick the kiss to the marshmallow.

Stick the other end of the toothpick into the marshmallow and . . . you're done!


Be sure to warn/remind the people eating these that there's a toothpick inside!



visit Lisa's blog for more new recipes!

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

Oh my goodness! These are so creative! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/12/try-new-recipe-tuesday-december-30.html