Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gratituesday

Today I'm thankful for my health :) Yesterday was our first midwife appointment. This morning the phone rang while I was doing "school" w/ the girls. L came down to get bring me the phone but didn't get there in time, so I figured whoever it was could wait a few minutes till I finished circle time. When I checked the message it was a very short message . . . "I'm calling for K, please call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx" I recognized the number as being the Birth Center, by this time it was slightly after noon and I knew from experience that they tend to all be gone at lunchtime so the answering service picks up, which would be useless so I waited . . . while trying to imagine what horrible thing they had discovered in my bloodwork or pap smear from yesterday (because why else would they call one day after my appointment?) . . . needless to say, I was starting to freak out a little bit. . . finally it was after 1pm and I tried calling, but the line was busy THREE times!! Then I had to go run errands, so I pushed the whole "what could possibly be wrong" to the back of my mind and went about my day, called again when I got home, since I couldn't tell them WHO from the birth center had called me the receptionist went "hunting" and somehow hung up on me in the process. So then the midwife herself called me back (which further freaked me out, obviously if it was "you left your wallet here" the receptionist would've called back, right?!?!?! And then . . . she askedME why I was calling! HUGE sigh of relief! Nothing earth shattering, she doesn't know about the call, it can't be some horrible news or she'd know . . . turns out it was the billing person, just calling to let me know what my coverage was and what I'd owe and when it would be due. . . so after that slight (but unfounded) scare this morning, I'm doubly thankful for my health & a (as far as we know) healthy baby still growing quietly like it's supposed to.

(and if I think about it, I may mention at my next appointment, that they suggest the billing person INDICATE that it's about billing when she leaves messages, to avoid more freaked out pregnant women LOL)

3 comments:

Organized Nutrition said...

WOW, That is a horrible thing to do to a prego lady...LOL! I am glad to hear everything is going good with your baby (Of course I have only just found your blog, but from one mom to another... pregnancy is hard work and it is always good when things are going good!)
What a great thing to be grateful for today!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, I SO would have been thinking of all kinds of horrible possibilities too. WHY do we do that?! So glad it was only the billing department and that you and the baby are healthy!!

Unknown said...

I got a bit worked up just reading your post! What a relief to get to the end and everything is okay. Let them know that they are stressing out your blog readers as well!