Chapter 2 is the "E" of H.E.A.R.T. and stands for Enrich Your Marriage
Here are some of the quotes that spoke to me in this chapter:
- Do you live like you actually love your spouse, or even like him? pg 64
- Too often we are willing to do the easy thing and hope it's enough. pg 65
- We need to stop criticizing others and begin looking inward and clean up ourselves. pg 66
- It is from our marriages that [our kids] learn grace. pg 67
- What if we started living out God's original intent for marriage - oneness? What if we were willing and excited about sacrificing ourselves for our marriage? What if we sought God first and honored Him in our marriage by seeking to serve? . . .
Interestingly, while I certainly needed, and took to heart, the reminders about loving my husband and showing that love. The thing that really jumped out at me was the reminder about doing thing and hoping it's enough. Not only in my marriage, but in other areas too.
I'm struggling with some things right now, in a holding pattern until I have more information, but still mulling it all over . . . and literally RIGHT before I read this chapter I'd been thinking, "you know, I really hope that this plays out so that I don't have to do anything". And then I read that quote . . . and it kind of hit me over the head and reminded me that sometimes the easy way isn't good enough. I'm STILL in a holding pattern. I STILL don't know how it will play out, but this was a good reminder to accept, without grumbling, however it does play out and trust God to work things out according to His will, even if that's not "the easy way".