The Winners are: Kimberly and Heather.
Soon after I reviewed Homestead Blessings The Art of Cooking, I was lucky enough to WIN Homestead Blessings The Art of Dairy Delights from another blogger. So I thought I'd go ahead & review it for y'all as well.
This one was so fun! They even show you how they milk their cow! Though my girls were disappointed that they didn't also show the whole process of straining the milk, etc. LOL.
While it may explain why the West Ladies are all significantly thinner than me, I don't agree with them that HAND-churning ice cream and HAND-churning butter is "fun", I'm quite happy with my electric ice cream maker & using my blender or food processor to make butter. But still, it's a very cool video! We haven't exactly tried any of the recipes on it, but it DID inspire us to make ice cream, but I used a coconut chocolate recipe that we like instead of the one on the video (I'm lazy, I like ice cream recipes that don't require me to cook and then cool down the "ice cream" prior to freezing it). It also nudged me toward making our own butter again, which I've been lazy about these last couple years. So next time we need butter I may just have to get back to doing that. I think the girls will have fun with it now that they're older too. Yogurt's another thing I already make, though again, with a slightly different "recipe". And finally, the mozzarella. . . YUM . . .I DO want to try this!! But I think, all things considered, I need to wait a few months. That will have a double benefit of hopefully we won't be travelling so much and Little Bit will be a few months older and hopefully easier to for me to do "big" kitchen projects. It really doesn't look all that difficult though, and I'd love to try it!! We eat a LOT of cheese around here, making some of it ourselves would be a healthier AND cost-saving move!
So, I don't have any fun pictures this time (guess I could have snapped some pictures of us all enjoying our yummy ice cream, but didn't really think about it as being "for the review" since it was a different ice cream recipe).
As with The Art of Cooking, this DVD's bonus features include the recipes on screen, and the ability to put the DVD in your computer's DVD drive and print out the .pdf of the recipes.
Buy it: Now is a GREAT time to pick up this video at Franklin Springs Family Media, it's on sale right now for only $12!!!! (Regular price is $16.95)
AND . .. when I found out that I'd won this video, I contacted the wonderful people at Franklin Springs Family Media and asked if they'd be willing to provide another giveaway to go along with this review, and they agreed!!!
So, I have up to 3 copies of Homestead Blessings The Art of Dairy Delights to give away from Franklin Springs Family Media.
- This giveaway will close on October 25, 2010.
- Winners will be picked on October 26.
- Please make sure that I have an easy way to contact you, if I can't easily determine how to e-mail you or post to your blog, I will have to choose a different winner.
- You will have 2 days to reply to me with your addresses or another winner will be chosen.
- This giveaway is open to US residents only.
- I have up to 3 copies to giveaway, if I have up to 30 entries, I will give away one copy, 31 through 60 entries, I'll giveaway 2 copies, 61 or more entries and I'll giveaway 3 copies.
And now, how to enter:
Mandatory first entry: Visit Franklin Springs Family Media and tell me one other video from their site that you'd like to see
Additional Entries: (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect (if you already do, just leave a comment letting me know)
- Follow my blog using Networked Blogs (below the Google Friend Connect in the side bar)
- "Like" Franklin Springs Family Media on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook
- Post about this giveaway on your blog (please include a direct link to your blog post in your comment)
- "Tweet" about this giveaway on Twitter