- The girls began their "dog walking job". Our neighbor is working full time for the next couple months, and asked them to come let her dogs out to potty mid-day each day. They are loving it!
- Mama and Papa stopped by mid-week on their way to New York. Papa brought a copper pipe so we could try some of the fun experiments from the Amazing Science videos we've been enjoying.
- MiniMe and I had "date night" this week, always nice to have one-on-one time with one of my girls!
- I've already told you about Little Bit's new "school", she is LOVING it!
- There's a pair of geese who return to our pond every year. They've been sitting on eggs for the last month or so, and the eggs hatched Tuesday. Now we get the fun of watching the 7 little goslings grow up.
- Our friends, E and J came over for a couple hours on Thursday morning, that's always fun. And we got to show them the baby geese.
- The highlight of MiniMe's week was having her first piano lesson. After much discussion, making sure she REALLY wanted to commit to daily practice and weekly lessons. She's taking Suzuki method piano lessons from a lovely woman at our church. She was giddy about going to her first lesson, and equally giddy to tell Sassy all about it when we got home (Rodney was home that day so Sassy and Little Bit stayed home with him, I'm still not sure how it's going to work to have them along at lessons, we shall see . . .).
- As a way to keep both Sassy and Little Bit busy while MiniMe and I were gone to her piano lesson, I suggested that Sassy could do Little Bit's "school" with her. I gave Sassy some of the ideas we hadn't used yet for the week. Sassy was soo excited to get to "teach", and apparently it went well. Rodney said she did a good job too. And Little Bit was excited to tell me about her "school" when we got home.
- While it's hard to believe, considering how cold and rainy it is today, Friday's weather was beautiful, so the girls gathered wood and Daddy built a fire in our fire pit, and we roasted hotdogs and marshmallows for supper, Little Bit spent the entire time asking if it was time for marshmallows yet LOL.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Weekly Wrap-Up - April 22
Some highlights from this past week: