Friday, September 4, 2009

Book Review: Radical Womanhood

I finished reading Radical Womanhood: Feminine Faith in a Feminist World a couple days before we left for Indiana, and didn't have time to write my review before I left.

AWESOME book!! Carolyn McCulley does a great job of condensing the history of feminism into a quick read, as well as pointing out how it has crept into our churches without us even noticing.

Unlike some books, articles, etc that I've read, she doesn't make blanket statements about not working outside the home or what your stance should be on birth control, etc. She simply provides the history, and biblical references and principals that can be drawn from those references and leaves the specifics for you to decide for yourself.

I truly believe this is a book that all Christian women should read. It is quite scary to realize how feminism has wormed it's way into Christianity, especially once you realize where much of feminism originated.

No comments: