Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 5

oThe Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week...

I got to go out with my bestest friend, dh, on our date night! So nice to have time to just talk and be together, knowing that our kids are at home having a blast with one of our wonderful babysitters!  We are so blessed!

In our homeschool this week...

It was a busy week without much "school", but we DID get a keyboard and begin reviewing an online piano lesson program, the girls are so excited!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We began the week by seeing Mama & Papa, and going to a hotel with them for a night (the big girls, anyway), to enjoy the indoor pool! (Little Bit & I went over for a little while in the evening so she'd get to swim too).

Yesterday we went to visit Grandmom, and Aunt Lynette & Uncle Dave came over too.

And tonight, hopefully, at least the big girls will be going to our church's "Brownie Bake-off" social. They get to be judges and have been looking forward to it for WEEKS . . . but Little Bit woke up this morning, throwing up, and dh won't be home to take the big girls, so . . . I'm really hoping that, while they're at church right now, they can find someone willing to pick them up and take them. Although, knock-on-wood, Little Bit hasn't thrown up in the last couple of hours so, I might be able to at least drop them off & pick them up if need-be. . . we shall see . . .

My favorite thing this week was...

TWO great "dates"!! One with my sweet, wonderful, long-suffering hubby, the other with my girl, A!

What's working/not working for us...

Getting to see all the grandparents in one week definitely works for us. Warmer weather works for us! Especially when it's warm enough to OPEN WINDOWS (not today, but we managed to get one day of open windows, woo-hoo!). Along with the warmer weather came a chance for the big girls to ride bikes 2 or 3 times this week, that definitely WORKS for us! But poor Little Bit, when I pulled out the big girls' bikes, she watched me hand them each a bike & said "Mine! Own!" Good thing she'll be getting a balance bike for her birthday next month :) In the meantime, I need to figure out if her little riding toy with the broken handlebar is fixable, at least to get her through the next month :)
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

I'm starting to think through what I need to do to make our homeschool "official" starting in July. I still can't believe it, when we moved here (right after the girls turned 5), 8 seemed SO FAR OFF, and now we're only a month away from their 8th birthday, where DOES the time go? So, I'm working on getting my ducks in a row, so to speak. . . 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...


Don't forget to stop by and see what other Homeschool Moms are doing, here.

No comments: