On the positive side, 2 kids are happily drawing/coloring, and the 3rd one is knitting, so I get some computer time.
Blossom at North Laurel Home & School, nominating me for the Stylish blogger award, awww . .. thanks, how sweet! Now, there's nothing stylish about me (although, I like the way Blossom thinks, she says "comfort" IS a style, so in that case . . . I'm VERY stylish, hee hee . . .) but I thought this sounded fun, so I'll play!
The rules are:
So, 7 things about me . . . hmmm . . .
- I hate having to think of things to say like this . . .my mind goes COMPLETELY blank . . .
- I LOVE books! I can't imagine NOT reading . . .when I was in high school I figured out that I could slide a paperback book into my coat sleeve, and keep it with me at all times to read whenever I had time, lovely trick! Now one of my favorite things about having a smart phone is the kindle app!
- I always assumed I'd have boys, don't know why, but I did, instead, we have 3 beautiful daughters!!
- I don't mind cooking, but I REALLY struggle to come up with things to cook. I'd love to have someone tell me WHAT to cook, that my whole family would eat, every day, then maybe I wouldn't be scrambling every mealtime.
- I love fireplaces, and really wish we had one, a REAL one, not a gas one, (especially on days like today), I love the smell and the sound, which is why the gas fires just don't do it for me. . . when I heard we were going to be able to rent "the old farmhouse", I had high hopes of a fireplace, but alas, the only fireplace was long ago converted to a "desk nook" (it's a huge walk-in fireplace area in the kitchen, so wouldn't have been ideal for snuggling around anyway).
- I taught myself to knit so that I could knit diaper covers for Little Bit.
- When I was in college I'd go to bed early, then get up at 4 or 5 am to study, it was nice & quiet then, no distractions! (I started doing it when my roommate worked nights, was easier to sleep when she did and study when she was at work, but I kept doing it when I had other roommates, and just went out to a nearby sitting area to study while my roommate slept).
Ok, now on to the 15 GREAT blogs I've discovered recently . . .
- A Life Less Sweet
- Season of Joy
- A Planting of the Lord
- Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Living Sola Gratia
- Our Busy Homeschool
- Legacy of Home
- Susan's Spot
- The Crafty Crow
- Happily Domestic
- Heartfelt Homeschooling
- The Modest Mom
- Keeper of the Home
- Raising Homemakers
Whew, 15 is alot!! Now to go tell them all I nominated. Happy blog-reading!!