Monday, April 15, 2013

Recipe: Apricot Oatmeal


I've never been a fan of oatmeal. I like the health benefits, and I like the cost, but I just don't like it! But those health benefits and cost keep coming back around, and I keep TRYING to like it.  While I'm still not going to beg someone to make it for me for my birthday, I HAVE found a few ways that I can eat it, and more importantly, the kids like it too!

This is one of our go-to ways to have oatmeal. I think I found the basic idea through a random internet search awhile back, but don't remember specifically where I got the idea.

3 1/2 cups water
1/2 c dried apricots, chopped
1/4 c honey
2 c old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt

Stir everything together, bring to a boil, simmer until it's the consistency you like. Quick, simple. and healthy, gotta like that!

And gotta like that this is what the pan looks like after my kids get done with it :)


No comments: