Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday - Keeping the Carpet Clean

Those who read this blog . . . ever (LOL) know that we're moving in a few weeks (incidentally the actual move date just got bumped a week+ later due to a scheduling conflict). And while I may not have mentioned it here, those who know me IRL probably know that the landlords of the rental house we're moving into are very ummm . . . concerned that the light colored carpet they just installed in said rental house stay well, light colored, or perhaps pristine would be a better word. The landlords' focus on this concern has been on our dog (there was much debating and discussion as to whether we'd even be allowed to bring her). Which, quite frankly, I found this abit amusing (in a frustrating way) because I can tell you the majority of carpet stains in our current house are NOT the result of the dog!!! In fact, I would venture to say that my kids' FRIENDS have left more stains on my carpet than our dog has. That is in no way meant to be critical of our friends, just a statement of fact, kids make messes, IMO kids are SUPPOSED to make messes! While I freely admit that there are times, as I am cleaning up yet another mess that I long for a little frilly princess who sits quietly on a satin pillow embroidering all day, most of the time I am very thankful for kids who embrace life to the fullest.

However, one concern I *have* had about the new house is the fact that the only eating area in the house is also carpeted with light colored carpeting. I find this impractical, kids or not. If a person wants to carpet a formal dining room that's one thing, but to have the only eating area carpeted is illogical to me.

But, my kids have come up with a solution that works for me AND them LOL. We were discussing where things were going in the new house and I mentioned that the kid-sized table that currently lives in a corner of our kitchen will be on the front porch at the new house. The kids immediately decided that they are going to eat all meals out on the porch. Now, we'll see how long the novelty lasts, but I have to admit, it hadn't really occurred to me that they would eat out there other than when we grill, so the idea of them eating at least some meals out there instead of in the dining room, definitely works-for-me :)

Pop over to Rocks In My Dryer for other Works for Me Wednesday tips.

No comments: