Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Recipe: Cream Cheese and Spinach Taquitos

A couple months ago, I had the chance to review 3 ebooks from Simplified Pantry. My review focused on Paperless Home Organization, which I am still LOVING!! The other 2 ebooks were recipe/meal planning related, and I found that, since we're vegetarian, and some members of our family are rather picky, I needed to more pull general ideas from these ebooks (if you're NOT vegetarian, click on the link at the bottom of my review, to read other reviews of the ebooks, many people really liked them!).  So anyway . . . one of the general ideas I got from the ebook was taquitos, but the suggested varieties all included meat. I decided to try this combination and the girls LOVED it! (dh wasn't home the night we made it, but I suspect he'd like it too).

As usual, I didn't really measure.

FILLING:
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
a good sized handful of frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry (I buy it in large bags, and can just pull some out as needed for recipes)
1/2 a can green chilis (approximate, we'd used part of a can for something else, so I threw the rest in this recipe
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar/jack cheese

Stir all together.

Preheat oven to 425. Put a spoonful of filling down the middle of a whole wheat tortilla, roll it up, and lay it, seam-down on a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the filling and tortillas. Spray with cooking spray (or to be healthier, brush with a healthy oil like coconut oil, olive oil, or butter (yum, butter would be AWESOME!). Bake 15-20 minutes, or until they're slightly browned.

I cut these in half, to serve the kids. They were YUMMY!!!

I'm linking up to Try a New Recipe Tuesday at Home to 4 Kiddos  (some week I'll actually get the recipe post done on TUESDAY LOL).

No comments: