Friday, May 30, 2008

Why Would They Do That?

For the past year or more we've been using exclusively raw milk in our house. But, I haven't taken the time to hunt down a source for raw milk since we moved (the closest seller on www.realmilk.com is 15+ mi away so I was hoping to get up there and find someone closer) so I've just been getting regular milk from the grocery store. The girls took one drink and flat out REFUSE to drink it! Mommy, this is unhealthy milk, it tastes gross!!!

Which of course led to a discussion of WHY it's different. I didn't go into too much detail but told them that they cook this milk and take things out of it. To which L said "but they take out the healthy parts, why would they want to do that?" Good question, kiddo! I didn't bother going into the whole history of why they started pasteurizing and homogenizing milk, figured that might be abit confusing at this age LOL.

Needless to say, the girls have informed me that I NEED to find healthy milk again LOL.

No comments: