Monday, May 2, 2011

Warm Breakfast Pudding


This is my adaptation of this recipe. But for some reason, when I make it, it turns out to be a soft pudding, not a drink. I've left out the arrowroot to make it a drink, but the girls prefer it as a pudding.

3 c whole milk
4 egg yolks (make SURE none of the white gets in)
1/4 c maple syrup
3 T Sucanat
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 T arrowroot powder (dissolve well!)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine all but the vanilla in a saucepan and heat over med. heat, stirring, until it begins to thicken. Once thick, remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract and pour into mugs.  This recipe fills 3 mugs with a little leftover, so it works well for the 3 girls and I for breakfast. Sassy and MiniMe each gets a full mug and I start Little Bit out with whatever won't fit in the 3 full mugs, but often give her some of mine as well.

I also scramble the leftover egg whites with browned butter, and sometimes some onion, and give some of that to Little Bit. MiniMe often eats some of it as well, and if there's any left, I get it LOL.

This makes a quick, filling breakfast that make my children think they're getting "dessert" for breakfast!

No comments: