Wednesday, May 18, 2011


Yay! The Home Keeper's Journal is back! This week’s Journal is all about Home and Garden
This week in my kitchen ………. we've been trying some new recipes, loving in season strawberries! 
My gardening thoughts this week …….nothing like a garden to make me love the rain . . . yay for no watering! 
What I’d like to can, freeze or put up this year …… as much as possible! I'm really hoping that our tomato plants do well this year &/or I find a cheap/free source for tomatoes. I'd love to get a GOOD supply of spaghetti sauce and tomato soup, and maybe some salsa (MiniMe has become a big fan of mild salsa, so if I could find a recipe she likes, I'd love to have homemade for her to eat) canned. Also need to re-stock on applesauce, the big girls weren't eating much, so I didn't do much last year, but Little Bit LOVES it, and went through my entire supply the week she had a stomach bug).  Need to freeze a LOT of blueberries again this summer (we didn't do enough last summer, we ran out). . . if my pepper plants do well, or again, I find a cheap/free source, I'd like to get a decent amount of bell peppers chopped and in the freezer. . . and really anything else I can get my hands on!
My plans for my home this summer  …….. decluttering, organizing . . . as always . . . now to actually DO it!
This absolutely positively has to be done to my home this year ….  ummm . . . decluttering and organizing . . . seriously, desperate need!

No comments: