Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Feast

Appetizer

Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?

Somewhere in between. I try really hard to be an optimist, but sometimes pessimism sneaks in . . . I like to say I'm a realist LOL.

Soup

What is your favorite color of ink to write with?

Depends on my mood, and more often, whatever pen I can find. I like "fun colors" (pink, green, purple . . . ) for some things, but beyond that, no real preference.

Salad

How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?

I've never had a professional manicure or pedicure in my life. Fingernails get chopped when they get long enough to annoy me. Toenails, I paint every couple weeks in the summer, let them "breath" in the winter (which means they get chopped when they get long enough to annoy me)

Main Course

Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?

Yup, I've had a pretty good string of luck this last year (or maybe I've just joined WAY too many blog giveaways & the law of averages worked in my favor LOL). Some of the "big" things (in terms of value &/or how much we've used/enjoyed them.

  • $100 Lands End gift card (haven't used it yet, but I'm having fun "window shopping" while I wait for a free shipping offer to come through LOL)
  • Starbucks gift card that came right before our move, when dh was gone all week, every week. Boy did I enjoy & treasure my Friday (when dh was back home) trips to Starbucks and a few minutes of "alone time" after a week as a single mom. LOVELY timing for a lovely treat :)
  • A Fancy schmancy doll stroller that A claimed as her own (w/ L's agreement, I told them to share it, they worked out between themselves that it was A's) and she has absolutely LOVED! They haven't thought to get the doll strollers out yet since the move (probably because the strollers are in the basement & will need to be for outside use only, this house is TOO SMALL to be going on "trips" w/ the strollers through the house) but it's been awesome

Dessert

In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?

Oh, is there supposed to be ONE home computer? LOL. DH & I each have laptops, they generally are plugged in in the living room, though I probably use mine the most sitting out on the front porch. The girls have a desktop that we also have the printer networked through. It's in the schoolroom/playroom upstairs.

For more Friday Feast fun, go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We also have several computers in our house, mainly because that's my husband's job. Hope you have a lovely Friday!