Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Feast


Appetizer

What is the weather like today where you live?

Cloudy, calling for thunderstorms

Soup

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how career-minded are you?

If you consider motherhood a career, then my career is my life LOL. Speaking of actual careers in the typical sense. I thoroughly enjoyed the work I did pre-kids (accounting) and could enjoy it again (once kids are grown) however, I've not once felt like I "lost my identity" when I quit and became a SAHM, like so many moms I know struggle with.

Salad

What type of window coverings do you have in your home? Blinds, curtains, shutters, etc.?

So far just whatever the previous tenants left. There are valances in 3 of the rooms (living room, kitchen & bathroom) and nothing elsewhere. I do need to get blinds at least in our room. Doubt I'll do anything in the girls room (unless I find this winter that we're losing too much heat out the windows & do something insulated, but from a decorative standpoint it would just look cluttered because of their loft bed and from a privacy standpoint their window looks out on woods & empty fields beyond and the loft bed provides additional privacy so not needed). Might do blinds in the school/play room if I decide I want the option of putting an air mattress in there for guests (my parents get to sleep in the girls' beds w/ the girls on the floor of the loft between them, but other guests might not appreciate that arrangement LOL) . . . if I ever get the house totally clean & uncluttered & am feeling bored/creative, some nice valances of somesort would be nice in the dining room, but it's pretty low priority for me.

Main Course

Name something that instantly cheers you up.

A spontaneous hug or cuddle from my girls :)

Dessert

How many times do you hit the snooze button on a typical morning?

My kids are my "alarm clock" and no matter how many times I hit them, they don't let me sleep longer LOL (just kidding on the hitting part, though I do sometimes "whine" at them to let me sleep). Back when I didn't have kids and had an alarm clock, I purposely set it early enough to be able to hit snooze several times, I like to wake up slowly LOL.

See other Friday Feasts here.


3 comments:

Carol said...

Girl-y cuddles are happy things. Enjoy your Friday!

Kimber said...

Great feast! Happy friday!

Unknown said...

Yep, the kids make great alarm clocks!