Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Feast


What is the weather like today where you live?

Cloudy, calling for thunderstorms


On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how career-minded are you?

If you consider motherhood a career, then my career is my life LOL. Speaking of actual careers in the typical sense. I thoroughly enjoyed the work I did pre-kids (accounting) and could enjoy it again (once kids are grown) however, I've not once felt like I "lost my identity" when I quit and became a SAHM, like so many moms I know struggle with.


What type of window coverings do you have in your home? Blinds, curtains, shutters, etc.?

So far just whatever the previous tenants left. There are valances in 3 of the rooms (living room, kitchen & bathroom) and nothing elsewhere. I do need to get blinds at least in our room. Doubt I'll do anything in the girls room (unless I find this winter that we're losing too much heat out the windows & do something insulated, but from a decorative standpoint it would just look cluttered because of their loft bed and from a privacy standpoint their window looks out on woods & empty fields beyond and the loft bed provides additional privacy so not needed). Might do blinds in the school/play room if I decide I want the option of putting an air mattress in there for guests (my parents get to sleep in the girls' beds w/ the girls on the floor of the loft between them, but other guests might not appreciate that arrangement LOL) . . . if I ever get the house totally clean & uncluttered & am feeling bored/creative, some nice valances of somesort would be nice in the dining room, but it's pretty low priority for me.

Main Course

Name something that instantly cheers you up.

A spontaneous hug or cuddle from my girls :)


How many times do you hit the snooze button on a typical morning?

My kids are my "alarm clock" and no matter how many times I hit them, they don't let me sleep longer LOL (just kidding on the hitting part, though I do sometimes "whine" at them to let me sleep). Back when I didn't have kids and had an alarm clock, I purposely set it early enough to be able to hit snooze several times, I like to wake up slowly LOL.

See other Friday Feasts here.


Carol said...

Girl-y cuddles are happy things. Enjoy your Friday!

Kimber said...

Great feast! Happy friday!

Ann@His Grace To Me said...

Yep, the kids make great alarm clocks!