- This morning for some reason A was missing our old house. She said "I'll always miss our old house, it's the house I grew up in." When I asked if she was all done growing up L said "Mom, it's a 'pression" (expression, for those who don't speak kid-ese).
- The girls are "teaching" campmeeting to their dolls, singing songs, telling stories, playing simon says . . .
- L asked me if I can find another apple cake recipe "that doesn't take so long"
- The first words out of L's mouth this morning were "Mama & Papa are coming TONIGHT!!" then she went & looked outside and came back & told me she could see the moon "so night must be SOON!!" (never mind that she & I were the only ones even awake yet today LOL)
- Last night A lost out on getting a popsicle because she didn't put her outside toys away when asked. L asked me if she could share a bite of hers w/ A. I love it when they spontaneously offer things like that :) (& yes, I feel the lesson of selfless giving is more important than whatever lesson I'm teaching by withholding something)
- Our dining room has become the holding ground for a bunch of stuff dh is wanting to sell on ebay including some "collector" cereal boxes (w/ some sports person on them). The girls saw the cereal & asked what it was for. I quickly (before they could (horror of horrors) tear the "valuable" box open) said "don't touch those, they're daddy's!" the girls then wanted to know when Daddy eats that cereal. I told them "he doesn't eat it, he just looks at it" to which they got a very confused look on their faces & said "WHY?" (that, my dear, I can't explain LOL)
- A couldn't get dressed or eat breakfast this morning until she had "packed" for Sesame Place (no, we're not going to Sesame Place until tomorrow, she likes to plan ahead LOL).
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Things kids say . . . (& do)
Little things the kids have said or done recently that I don't want to forget: