Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day today with family, friends, and good food. We went to my parents' house to spend the day with my parents & grandparents. Mom decided to be ambitious and suprise Dad by making Kase Noodles (Cheese Dumplings) for dinner. They're a German dish Dad's grandmother used to make (similar to this, but with a sour cream & onion gravy over it instead of the cream & bread crumbs), and Dad's mother taught Mom how to make them, but she doesn't do it real often becuase it's alot of work. But the results are YUMMMMMMY!!! I asked dh, soon after we were married, if he liked them well enough that I should learn to make them, and he said no, and confirmed that again today, although he ate 4 of them, so he DOES like them LOL. He said they were comparable to macaroni & cheese but not as good as plain white rice & milk (which he rarely gets anymore, since brown rice is SOO much healthier, so that's all I've been buying). This is why I've never bothered to become a gormet chef, my husband prefers simple things, why mess with success LOL.

The girls spent time this morning drawing pictures & dictating "stories" to me, then we stapled them together to make books.

Tonight after the kids are in bed, dh & I will get the Christmas tree out and (hopefully) set up, so the girls can help decorate it tomorrow.

No comments: