Monday, March 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This week for homeschool we're looking at the "grain a day" recommended in Waldorf philosophy, so I'm going to include all meals/snacks (even though I'm generally really bad about not following the breakfast & snack "plan", I'll need to be better this week to fit all the grains in LOL) to highlight the grains:

Sunday was wheat. I was sick but the girls went to my parents' house & had waffles for breakfast (or would have if Daddy hadn't fed them cookies on the way there) so that was the wheat (I guess the cookies had wheat in them too LOL).

Monday (rice):
Breakfast - fruit
Lunch: Fried Rice
Snack: Popcorn
Supper: Spinach Spaghetti
Tuesday (Barley)
Breakfast: Muffins (I found a mix in the back of the cupboard, going to try it, I don't remember what flavor it is LOL)
Lunch: Taco bell with Mama & Papa
Snack: Dried fruit
Supper: Turkey Barley Stir-fry (new recipe, we'll see what we think)
Wednesday: (millet)
Breakfast: Biscuits & fruit
Lunch: Sandwiches
Snack: Millet Squares
Dinner: Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce over Pasta
Thursday: ( Rye)
Breakfast: Rye cereal (like oatmeal but using rye flakes instead of rolled oats)
Lunch: Angie's house
Snacks: Birthday party
Dinner: Pintos, cornbread, and cooked greens
Friday: (Corn)
Breakfast: leftover biscuits & fruit
Lunch: Sandwiches
Snacks: Popcorn (for the corn)
Dinner: Potato Soup (that we didn't end up making last week)
Saturday: (Oats)
Breakfast: Oatmeal
we'll be at my parents' house the rest of the day.

To check out other menus, go on over to OrgJunkie

No comments: