Thursday, March 6, 2008

Redskins . . . Redcoats . . . it's all so confusing

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that an episode of Fetch with Ruff Ruffman got the girls all interested in the 'Red Coats' and I'm finding there is very little available at their age level about the Revolutionary War. Anyway . . . starting last week the History Channel started airing re-runs of "Liberty Kids" (an old PBS show on . . . the Revolutionary War), so I started recording them. The girls insist on pretty much hiding behind me when they/we watch it since parts are "scary". Today the girls were calling the red coats the "redskins" combine that with the fact that Daddy has brainwashed them into thinking the Redskins football team is "bad", no wonder they're confused LOL.

And then a few minutes later, after I'd corrected them that it was red COATS not red SKINS, L had her "lightbulb moment", "Did they call them red coats because they wear RED COATS?" I think it's all becoming abit more clear LOL.

No comments: