Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's the simple things . . .

In my decluttering, I came across a bag of marbles that I'd gotten somewhere along the line but never gave to the girls (I've found lots of other things that I got but never gave to them too, I'm thinking we won't be doing any shopping for birthdays this year LOL). Anyway . . . back to the marbles. I put them in a small box & set them on the shelf in their room to see when they discovered them. They discovered them pretty quickly & have had more fun with those silly marbles in the past day than you could possibly imagine. The marbles get carried everywhere, they dump them out and pick them up (after dire warnings from mean Mommy that if I step on them, they become MINE) . . . I think L has thanked me 50 times for getting the marbles for them . . . I'm always so amused at how much kids LOVE simple toys :)

1 comment:

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

My kiddos love to play with marbles-my 3 year old pronounces them "narbles". It really is amazing how easily kids are entertained.