Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I Corinthians 14:4-7

I've been thinking about this verse alot recently, and thought Valentines day was an appropriate day to post about it. It seems to me that while lots of people have this text read at their weddings, too often we forget to LIVE it once we're married. It's not easy. It's too easy to take out our frustrations on those closest to us, and too often that's our spouse. It's too easy to focus on "me", instead of "what can I do for you?".

My challenge to you is this, read the above text, really READ it! Think about it! Pray on it! And then make the changes you need to make (with God's help) in your life & marriage to make your marriage reflect the love of I Cor. 13.

No comments: