Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dinah's working on the railroad . . .

Today when I asked the girls to clean up their art area so I could mop, they started singing while they worked, their song . . . "Dinah's working the railroad, aaa-aaa-ll day lo-ooo-oong!" It was sung at the top of their lungs ad nauseum the ENTIRE time they were picking up their toys, but they continued singing it & also moved their table & chairs, and all the kitchen chairs & bar stools into the family room w/o me even asking (still singing the song at the TOP of their lungs). And then sang it again while cheerfully moving all the chairs/stools & their table & bench back into the kitchen after I was done, and the only squabble was who got to carry the last thing. And I was informed that my help (putting things back) was NOT needed, so guess I'll take the loud singing . . .

No comments: